Friday, July 16, 2010

Impressed

...by the folks at the Guild of Messengers. Impressed with what has been done to the website, in getting the word out about our services. They have used the modern forms of internet communication, ie: Facebook and Twitter to raise the Guilds profile and to better serve the cavern community. There is a rumour floating about that a new publication maybe in the Guild’s future, distant future. This time though I won’t be doing much, apart from distributing. If they want me as Graphics/Photography helper then cool. If they don’t I would be happy with that also. I think it needs more artistic people than I to make a good e-zine. After my time with the TCT doing the Archiver, helping Blutec with the Guild paper and then doing most of it myself, after Blu left, has given me an insight. Like I have said before, “Jack of all trades and master of none”.We need masters now.

I still won’t commit to doing anymore than I have stated I would do. Don’t want to let anyone down. But, yeah there is always a but, I am surprised to see so few newcomers. Some old members haven’t returned, some that did contribute in helping the community which is a shame. They all had value in their own way that I cannot deny or begrudge.


I may sound like I am contradicting myself with only doing a small part but that is what it’s all about. More people doing small things, then we don’t get burnt out. Plus it helps with commitment. Heavy burdens drive people away. Lighten that load and things get more enjoyable and therefore tend to last longer.


I wish other people can see the benefit of helping the Guild of Messengers. What satisfaction one can get in helping others; trust me it is a great feeling even though you don’t get much thanks for it. There are a few that show their appreciation and that goes a long way. The more news about events

and ideas, fan fiction, news on fan ages, proper interviews of the community members etc, the more people will be interested in what the cavern has to offer.

Also I like to think I made a difference. Collating a list of forums from all over the world to bring them news and publications like the guild paper, the TCT Podcasts, and general news about the cavern hopefully helped to give them a feeling of belonging to this vast community we truly have. As in “I see you”. I think that is another worthwhile practice to restart. I will see to that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment