Saturday, September 6, 2008

Anth-bahro-pology

Man, times are tough up here these days, petrol prices on the increase, that is why I like to link places – it doesn’t cost much right. What does it cost to link, well I don’t know about the cost these days but for the D’ni of old, well the price was pretty high I would say; the cost to themselves, to their society and the costs to the other races that were subjugated and turned in to slaves. These are the type of things I lie awake at night thinking about, which ultimately led my thoughts to the latest Bahro situation. Yeah I know that aren’t coming to the surface but they are still down in my instance of the city, with their deathly screeching cries echoing throughout the great expanse.

Now when I say Bahro, I mean the ones that are the here and now, you know the ones that have been drinking that stuff that gives you wings. Ok, if you didn’t know that the Bahro had wings - I can only apologise. Anyways if you are not familiar with the Bahro or the term Bahro I shall endeavour to explain the best I can. Now I am now expert but far as I can tell this term stems from a derivative of the D’ni language when the people split up and went off to another world called Terahnee, covered in the Book of D’ni; one of the myriad of written works that is out there for all to see. As far as I can tell from what is out there, Bah means Beast and Ro means People or Person, so Bahro, beast people or the Least. The Least, that is what the D’ni calls the lower classes of society. What they call themselves is unknown but the Bahro have seemed to have adopted the term. Perhaps they don’t have a name. I saw an article the other day in issue 15 of the Archiver, saying that the Bahro are a different creature as the ones that were imprisoned in Teledahn. Hummm I wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment