Saturday, October 18, 2008

Seymour Green?

I have finally got a good excuse to take a break. - A rest from researching the Bahro. Don’t ask it’s complicated to say the least. There are so many holes in the information.
Anyway I went by the GoMa offices the other day. They had a new linking book in. It had just been verified as safe by the maintainers. Nice bunch of folks over there at the GoMa. Why I never became a maintainer I don’t know. Oh yeah I remember why, because that suit is too hot and stuffy.
This latest non-D’ni book is the second of Whilyam’s ages I have visited. The first was Maw, a devilish age indeed. That reminds me I need to go back there with some climbing tackle. - Got to find me a why out!
Any way back when public instancing was working in the cavern I happened to meet fellow explorers, Whilyam, Janaba, Hitana and Erik. .
They helped me out with taking some photos for the Archiver. That day provided some fond memories. Ever since then I have followed their journeys as much as I can.

I rushed off to get myself ready and after a few hours I placed my hand on the linking panel...
I am pretty used to linking by know but this one took my breath away. It wasn’t the linking but the thick humid air of Fens. It felt like linking in to a brick wall. So much so I had to sit on some crates that were conveniently stacked near the link-in point.
Unfamiliar sounds, high above, penetrated the thick mist but from where I was I couldn’t see who or what was making them. Finally I became accustomed to this strange thick atmosphere and removed my jacket and started to have a look around. I noticed I was surrounded by some sort of pea green marsh. Not knowing how deep it was I started to search for a stick.

What the! I nearly wet my pants. Before I had time to find a stick, a thundering sound filled the air which made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. It unnerved so much I immediately linked out. Back home I formulated a plan; this could be a dangerous age. Besides before I linked out I spied a building with a ladder close to the link-in point. I will have to investigate that but I must be properly prepared. I think I should ask Whilyam about that sound. I don’t know what the creature was that made that sound but one thing’s for sure it is darn big. It sure has got my interest perked though. I will go back, but armed I don’t know. - After all the Maintainers did say it was safe. Plus I’d rather shoot things with a camera. Mind you if some big angry beast is chasing I could always throw the camera at it...

No comments:

Post a Comment