Thursday, January 15, 2009

Structure

I have finally got some time to myself and what do I do? Not take it easy for one. Since I have written enough for Next month’s Newspaper I thought I would take a break and finish up at Fens. It has been a long time coming. When I finally got back to fens I thought for a horrible moment that my flying friends had gone, and then came their cries.

My observations to date make me wonder what they eat. I have never seen them land, that doesn’t mean they never do. I have never seen them chase their food which makes me think that this thick air is full of plankton type creatures. Are they some kind of filter feeder filtering the heavy air? This is all supposition as I have not been able to get high enough to take air samples. The only true way is to take a leaf out of Douglas Sharper’s book and shoot one. With a tranquiliser I mean and pump its stomach but I can’t control the creatures fall. So I must observe and take samples. Now to get higher!

It’s surprising once you start how quickly things start to come together. I won’t be long before I can see if I can get high enough to at least get some pictures. The upper air sample may need a more drastic approach. There may be no other way.

But I do need to get a move on as more and more ages are being written and I have fallen behind. Plus I find myself in a weird position of not being able to get to any of the ages that are not in the more popular refurbished library. Some writers are opting to use the old system of an Age manager. Whoever he or she is, one thing is for sure I am unable to get my grubby hands on the books. I will have to find another way around this problem.

For now back to the scaffolding. Darn I need to tar some more rope........

No comments:

Post a Comment